Saturday, January 3, 2009

timbertoes

It is a comfort
to know
In these tumultuous times
That I can rely on one constant
When I visit a doctor
regardless of specialty or state
Even if no malady is diagnosed
No elixir prescribed
At least I will have
Some fun with a purpose
There will be a Highlights magazine
And hidden pictures will be exposed
And hilarious riddles will be memorized
And crafts concocted
And recipes learned
And Gallant
that ever faithful Gallant
contrary to everything
Goofus would influence him to do
Gallant
Will show me the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First.

I love the poem, and the fact that you wrote in poetry form.

Second.

Rare people memorize riddles in a doctors office at 8:30 in the morning. I hope you realize that.

Sara LaClaire said...

yes, very funny blog!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I am going to consider it my birthday poem, unless you want to write me another one.

Matsby said...

Highlights - it's like The Friend, but less preachy.

 
.